Makes 6- 8 servings.
This nutritious, lemony Middle Eastern Salad requires no cooking. You can definitely make this salad in advance, but be sure to season it to taste before serving.
- 1 cup medium bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, approx
- 1 cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 scallions including green part, cut thinly
- 4 radishes, cubed
- ½ green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cubed
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender and the water has been absorbed. (If some water still remains, drain the bulgur in a sieve and return it to the bowl.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.