Makes 6 servings as a first course.
Makes 4 servings as a main course.
Summertime is when this pasta is especially appealing because tomatoes are at their best. I serve it is at room temperature and leftovers are good as well.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (½ pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, approx
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces baby arugula, torn into pieces
- 1 pound imported linguini
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse the tomatoes, dry and cut in half. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Let stand while you are preparing the rest.
- Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, olives, capers, olive oil and arugula to the tomatoes.
- In a large covered pot, bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt and all the pasta at once, stir. Boil briskly, uncovered for 7-8 minutes; the pasta should be al dente.
- Toss with the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.