Makes 4 first course servings.
Very fresh, top quality tuna makes this very easy to prepare dish so inviting. I serve it on a bed of grated radishes with crispy crackers.
- 1 pound sashimi quality tuna
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 scallions, including the green part, thinly sliced
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted, cut in half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large radishes, coarsely grated
- Cut the fish into ½ inch cubes and place into a bowl.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
Pat the grated radishes with paper towels; they tend to be wet. Arrange the radishes on a plate with the tuna in the center.