Makes 2 servings.
This is a refreshing creamy tomato soup which I like to serve cold or at room temperature on hot summer days. Unfortunately without a Vitamix the soup will have to be strained to remove the seeds and some of the skin. I like to serve it with a basil pesto but snipped chives are equally delicious and certainly less work.
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ -1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives, finely snipped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Rinse the tomatoes.
- Place in an ovenproof dish that is large enough to hold the tomatoes in a single layer. Place the garlic underneath the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 1 hour, turning the tomatoes once.
- Pour into a Vitamix and add ¾ cup vegetable broth. Puree until smooth.
- Adjust the consistency with the extra vegetable broth.
- Season to taste with sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with snipped chives. Use scissors.