Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Not only are these mini cookies easy to make but they are also delicious. They are great on Passover and any other time of year. They are also a fun activity for children .They keep crisp and fresh refrigerated.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ounce semi-sweet imported chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces blanched almonds
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease 12x18 baking sheet with oil.
- Place chocolate and almonds in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and chop semi- finely.
- Beat the egg white at a high speed till soft peaks show, then add sugar gradually until the whites are very stiff.
- With a rubber spatula fold the chocolate-nut mixture with the whites, combining well.
- Drop flat teaspoonfuls of batter unto the baking sheet. The best way to do this is to slide the batter with another teaspoonful to form mini balls.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until the tops feel firm to the touch. Let rest for a few seconds and release carefully with a metal spatula. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate in an air tight container with wax paper between the layers.
It is best to beat the egg white in a metal bowl.