Makes about 5 dozen bite size cookies.
These cookies are pareve, gluten free, bite size and ideal on Passover. They keep very well, refrigerated and stored in a tight fitting container with wax paper between the layers.
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- 1 ¾ finely ground almond flour with skin (See Note)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ to 1¾ large egg whites, at room temperature, well whisked
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Line an 18 x13 inches cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pine nuts on a piece of wax paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour with the sugar.
- Add 1 ½ egg white to the almond flour. Combine with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a paste (it may take a few minutes. If it is still too dry to roll into a ball add some more egg white).
- Roll the dough into cherry size balls. They will expand when baking.
- Roll the balls in the pine nuts, pressing gently.
- Place on the parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes. The underside should be lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I use Bob’s Red Mill ground almonds flour with the skin. Once opened, I freeze it.
If you find it difficult to roll the cookies, do it with wet hands.