Makes about 3 dozen.
These cookies are crisp, light and delicious.
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/3 cup, scant measure sugar
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl then add all the ingredients, mixing well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spoon flat teaspoons of dough onto the sheet and flatten to make about 2-inch cookies (I like them small). Be sure to place them about 2 inches apart—they spread when they bake.
- Bake for 9- 10 minutes – they should be golden brown (if you under bake them they may lose their crispness).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes. Release with a metal spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool.