Makes 4 luncheon servings.
Nutritious, easy, simple and tasty. What more can I say?
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup loosely packed, flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, including green parts thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, loosely torn
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, approx
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pound Feta, crumbled (See Note)
- In a small heavy covered saucepan bring to a boil over high heat the water and salt. Sprinkle over the quinoa, lower the heat, and cook covered for 13 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. If the grains are still not tender, add 1 or 2 tablespoons hot water and continue cooking. Transfer to a large bowl, add olive oil, combine and cool.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Serve topped with feta.
Feta comes in many strengths, from mild (which I prefer) to strong.
Before serving adjust the seasoning again.