Makes 4 servings.
This dish has a robust flavor and a citrus sauce. It can be served from oven to table and it reheats very well. Grains are a lovely accompaniment.
- 8 boneless, skinless organic chicken thighs, each portion about 6 ounces (See Note)
- 1 lemon, rinsed, cut into 8 wedges
- Bunch of rosemary
- ¾ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3-4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pat dry chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in an ovenproof dish that fits the chicken in a single layer. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well. Cover with cling wrap and leave at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Place the chicken skin side down (where the skin would have been). Cover the dish with heavy foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, turn the chicken over and roast for another 20 minutes. Chicken should be tender.
- Serve with the sauce.
Organic chickens tend to be small, therefore in order to get 6 ounces boned portions per person I use 2 thighs.
If you are refrigerating the chicken, bring it back to room temperature before cooking.