Makes 4 servings.
Butternut squash is a very healthy, winter vegetable with a glorious color.
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1/3 to ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Trim and discard the stems of the squash, then cut it in half lengthwise and discard the seeds.
- Place flesh side down on the foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the flesh is fork tender.
- Scoop out the flesh and place in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the coconut milk through the feed tube and pulse until silky and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm in a double boiler.
If you like you can serve the puree with an oval ice cream scooper (no30) for a festive look.