Makes 6-8-servings as a side dish.
I find that carrots have become a neglected vegetable, so I was determined to create a dish that looks good, tastes good and is easy to make.
- 1 pound carrots, 2 large ones
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the carrots, trim and discard the ends. Grate coarsely in a food processor fitted with a medium attachment.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and sauté, over low heat, for a minute.
- Add paprika, cumin and all the carrots.
- Cook over medium to low heat, covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste with vinegar, salt and pepper.