This recipe is a retro dressing. The original was made with mayonnaise and sometimes the addition of sour cream and avocado. My version is creamy and light and quite versatile. I use it to make coleslaw, shredded kale, romaine salad and even fish.
It keeps very well refrigerated for some time.
Unfortunately, 8 ounce packages of tofu are not available so I was obliged to give you this amount of dressing.
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 16 ounces drained silken tofu, drained in a sieve
- 1 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley
- Tarragon petals from 15 sprigs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, approx
- Kosher salt,
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning with lemon juice, salt and pepper.