Makes 4 servings.
These days preparing spinach is quite easy – it comes prewashed and ready to go. I discovered that by adding coconut milk I can make a creamy, healthy, pareve spinach dish which I like to serve with fish.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 ounces of prewashed spinach, discard some of the dangling stems
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add half of the spinach. Stir until wilted. Remove to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Do the same with the next batch of spinach.
- Puree the spinach adding the coconut milk through the feed tube.
- Transfer to a skillet and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve warm.