Makes 2 servings.
I find this quick and easy recipe is a nice addition to my eggplant dishes. I have eaten it as a first course and as an accompaniment to meat or poultry.
- 2 baby eggplants
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus ½ teaspoon for greasing the foil
- 1½ tablespoons Tahini
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives for garnish, snipped with scissors
- Preheat the broiler.
- Trim the eggplants, peel deeply, cut in half and cut deep slits into the flesh.
- Combine the COATING ingredients.
- Line a broiler pan with foil, grease the foil and place the eggplant on it.
- Spoon the coating over the eggplants.
- Broil close to the heat source for about 5 minutes. The eggplants should be soft and well browned.
- If the eggplants are not soft enough, leave them for another minute in a turned off oven.