Makes 4 servings.
This is a spring variety of carrots, which are sold in multicolored bunches with beautiful green leaves.
- 12 carrots, with about 1 inch green top
- 2 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scrub the carrots and dry well. Arrange in a single layer on a foil lined roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with the other ingredients to combine.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until well browned and caramelized around the edges. Turn over midway during roasting.