Makes 6 servings as a first course.
4 servings as a main course.
This pasta is easy, flavorful and nutritious. The sauce requires no cooking, and only the pasta is boiled.
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves
- 1 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, approx.
- 10 ounces Albacore wild white tuna drained and separated into large pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound imported penne
- Soak the anchovies in cold water for 5 minutes – drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place anchovies, garlic, basil and parsley in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. With the motor on, pour the olive oil and lemon juice through the feed tube. Pulse until smooth, transfer to a large bowl and combine with the tuna.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil in a large covered pot. Add 2 tablespoons salt and all the pasta at once and stir. Boil briskly, uncovered, for about 7 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Drain well in a colander and toss with the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.