Makes 4-6 servings.
This chicken loaf is easy to make and easy to pair with salads and vegetables. It also keeps well refrigerated. The number of servings will depend on your side dishes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the pan.
- 1 onion, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1½ pounds blend of ground chicken; half white meat and half dark meat
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons, low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup tightly packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a 9 x 5-inch Pyrex loaf pan with heavy foil and brush the foil generously with oil.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil, add the onion and garlic and sauté, over medium heat, stirring from time to time until lightly golden and soft.
- Place the onion, garlic and potato in a food processor. Pulse until very smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the chicken, soy sauce and parsley.
- Mix very well with your hands until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 45 minutes. The meat should be lightly brown on top.