Makes 4 servings.
Yukon Gold potatoes are moist, waxy, and have a delicious sweet flavor, which make them ideal for boiling, broiling or frying. I prefer them over red new potatoes in this recipe.
I like to serve this salad at room temperature, but before serving it is best to check the seasonings again since potatoes tend to absorb the seasonings.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, including green parts, finely chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl combine the dressing ingredients.
- Wash potatoes and steam over high heat for about 30 minutes or until they are tender. Test by piercing the center with a pointed knife or cut in half to be sure that the center is soft.
- Remove the thin potato skin while the potato is still hot (use a paper towel to hold it). Cut the potatoes into half, than quarters than cubes. While still warm toss with the dressing. Season to taste with vinegar mustard, salt and pepper.