Makes 4 generous servings.
Easy to make, nutritious and versatile, this dish is for all seasons and can be paired with fish, meat or poultry.
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsnip
- 2 medium golden beets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs of sage, plus a few leaves for garnish
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Peel the vegetables, cut to the size that fits into the feed tube of a food processor fitted with a medium slicing attachment and slice.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup and vinegar. Add the vegetables and the sage. Mix very well and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread the vegetables on it. Roast for about 20 minutes. The vegetables should be soft.
- Discard the sage sprigs.
- Slice the sage leaves thinly and garnish.