Makes 4 servings.
Brussels sprouts are extremely nutritious and versatile. Even though they are available all year, they are at their best in the cold season. This preparation is simple and quick but very delicious.
- 20 medium size Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Trim the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and discard the outer damaged leaves.
- Place on the baking sheet. Mix with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 25 minutes or until tender.
If the Brussels sprouts are too large, you may want to cut them in half, or quarters. If you prefer you can steam them as well and than sauté in olive oil.