Makes 6-8 servings.
The combination of summer corn and summer yellow squash makes for a wonderful, nutritious and golden colored soup.
I serve it warm or at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 ears corn plus 1 for garnish
- 4 medium yellow squash, about 1½ pounds
- 3 cups vegetable broth.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, approx
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Shuck the corn kernels, setting aside one of the ears for garnish.
- Rinse the squash and slice.
- Add the corn, zucchini and 2¼ cups of the broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Puree the soup, in two batches, in a Vitamix until smooth and silky.
- Adjust the consistency with the reserved broth. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.