Makes 2 servings.
Trout is not a popular fish. I recently discovered it and I like its sweet taste and non-oily texture. They are very small, generally 1 pounders. I, therefore, suggest one fish per person. After filleting it renders about 6 ounces.
I like to serve it on a bed of stir-fry spinach.
- Two, 1 pound trout
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, approx
- 2 tablespoon toasted blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Have the fishmonger fillet the fish and leave the skin on.
- Rinse the fish and dry very well with paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet and sauté the fish skin side down over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the fish over with a spatula, season with lemon juice and scatter the almonds.
- Shut off the heat.
- I like to serve this fish skin side up with the accumulated pan juices.