Makes 2 servings.
This side dish is quick, easy and rich in iron.
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 6 ounces spinach, not baby
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a wok, add garlic and sauté over low heat for a minute. Add all the spinach, increase the heat to high, and add 2 tablespoons of hot water. Toss until the spinach is JUST wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When serving, use a slotted spoon or tongs to avoid the accumulated liquid.