Makes 4 servings.
I sometimes serve this versatile salad as a first course, as a side dish or as a salad. I also recommend that you slice it with a mandolin in order to be able to shave it (cut very thin slices). I let this dish rest for a few hours and even overnight.
- 10 large Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoon orange juice
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup blanched almonds, toasted, very coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and remove outer leaves of Brussels sprouts.
- Holding the stem of each Brussels sprout, use a mandolin to shave thinly the Brussels sprouts.
- Place in a bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Add parsley and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving season to taste.